MAPS- Action Pack - activation aggrivation RRS feed

• Question

• greetings,

We work hard and test deploy the actions numerous times a day, the activaction proccess is so old hat it's become cumbersom and annoying as heck.

Please someone tell me a place wgere legitmiate, legal 100% testers and real god forsaken partners can activate thre action pack software ONLY in many scenarios 3-4 install works 1st time around, after that I need to call 15 job plus a communication barrir exists...

We also activate all our customers proucts after our installations and patches, and yet still need to call,  we push over 38 repiared/formatted machines.

So since MS partners are so valuable why don't we have our own activation areas for action pack products only....................................?

Go ahead I dare you to release a SP3 for XP.....(actual meanng please create arollup things since SP2, would save me 3 hours per mqachine)

Partner - potentional - help us out, we sell for you speed us up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, April 12, 2007 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi J:

I've forwarded your request to our upper executive team. I wholly agree with your input and (most of our team does) definitely appreciate the feedback!

Lets see if we can get somewhere Smile.

-phil

• Marked as answer by JeniferA Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:10 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi J:

I've forwarded your request to our upper executive team. I wholly agree with your input and (most of our team does) definitely appreciate the feedback!

Lets see if we can get somewhere Smile.

-phil

• Marked as answer by JeniferA Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:10 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:30 PM
  • Very cool, I wonder if it will get looked at, and thanks for the suport on your end.  Even if it's on a handfull of trusted partners who had a backdoor of sorts, or something to deal w the action pack side of tings that would save alot of time for my company, and the reson we activate all our customers machines b4 they leave is so you do'nt get a call from them, we try to enhance what you have and make it almost 90% benign to the customer.

100% plug n play when they get home, comcast users with routers, we do it so they don't, andalso it must  take a load off you support, even is so lightly.  Come to think of it, that should be a rule, the repair shop should activate everything, that would lower the piracy as well. 

I await a positive response.

Thanks again,

JIM

ReBoot CSI

Monday, April 16, 2007 9:10 AM