Microsoft Word and OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I just downloaded the free trial last night. This morning I was working on a project in Microsoft Word

when I recevied a message saying "Runtime error......abnormal program termination". I have to click on it to remove it from my screen. When I go back to MW the program indicates my project has been saved, but when I click on the project to start work, I receive the same message. I can't complete my project. Help!

Also, does anyone know why my Direct3D does not work? I have DirectX version 10. Several games I have won't work and I get the message "Can't init Direct3D". This has been going on since before my download last night, which did not solve the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Monday, December 31, 2007 7:50 PM

Answers

• I believe that your Word problem and OneCare are unrelated as would be the Direct3D problem. 

You may want to try the Office/Word newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx for the runtime error you encountered and the Windows or DirectX newsgroups for the Direct3D problem (which is probably a problem with the driver for your video card.).

-steve

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 8:05 PM