how to modify required field alert message in mscrm 2011 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have one field required and I want to change the default alert message which comes on clicking Save.

eg .alert ("You must provide value for ABC:") to

alert ("Please set value for ABC field ")

How to do it?

TIA

Friday, August 8, 2014 7:56 AM

All replies

• You can't change the default standard message.
    A supported way to do this is to remove the field requirement (you can set to suggested, so at least the blue cross will be beside the field) and you can check if there is a value inside the onsave event. If the field has value do nothing and go on save, if has no value alert your custom message and stop to save the form.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Friday, August 8, 2014 8:49 AM
  • Or simply use business rules to check if the field is empty on save show ur custom message

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 10, 2014 9:40 AM
  • Or simply use business rules to check if the field is empty on save show ur custom message

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

he is using crm 2011, business rules are not available.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Sunday, August 10, 2014 9:57 AM
  • Ah!! Jus now i saw that.. Then the only available option is to have a js library to do the job as suggested

Sunday, August 10, 2014 6:42 PM