how to set crm4 so that I can only see customer that under my case RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My boss asking me a question.
    How to set so Customer Service Representative (csr) only can see customer under their own cases.

thanks
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:08 AM

Answers

• If I understand your question, you want to allow a CSR to only see Cases assigned to them? 

You would go to settings/administration/security roles and open the CSR security role.  Look at the help file for that form, it explains the different settings like user owned, business unit, organization, etc.

If you gave them user level read security for cases, they would only be able to see the cases that are owned by them.

From your question, it sounds like you also want to give them access to only the accounts where there are cases that are assigned to them.  Am I understanding that correctly?

It doesn't really work that way.  I guess you could give them user level read permission for accounts and every time that you assign a case to them, share the account with them.  That would do it, but it would be a hassle.

Maybe you don't need to totally restrict them from accounts that they don't have a case, but you want to make it convenient for them to find the accounts where there is an active case assigned to that user?  In that case, consider setting up an account view and filtering it where related cases owner equals current user.  That way they could use that view of accounts and just see the accounts where they have an active case.

Friday, June 13, 2008 3:51 AM

All replies

•  

you can assign rights of the CSR to view only customer

Regards,

Imran

msn : mscrmexpert@gmail.com

Thursday, June 12, 2008 5:47 PM
  • Anyone can point me to the right URLwith step-by-step sample?
    Is easier for me to understand  for newbie like me.

thanks
    Friday, June 13, 2008 12:37 AM
  • If I understand your question, you want to allow a CSR to only see Cases assigned to them? 

You would go to settings/administration/security roles and open the CSR security role.  Look at the help file for that form, it explains the different settings like user owned, business unit, organization, etc.

If you gave them user level read security for cases, they would only be able to see the cases that are owned by them.

From your question, it sounds like you also want to give them access to only the accounts where there are cases that are assigned to them.  Am I understanding that correctly?

It doesn't really work that way.  I guess you could give them user level read permission for accounts and every time that you assign a case to them, share the account with them.  That would do it, but it would be a hassle.

Maybe you don't need to totally restrict them from accounts that they don't have a case, but you want to make it convenient for them to find the accounts where there is an active case assigned to that user?  In that case, consider setting up an account view and filtering it where related cases owner equals current user.  That way they could use that view of accounts and just see the accounts where they have an active case.

Friday, June 13, 2008 3:51 AM
  • Joel,

You are great,

QUESTIONS:
    1. If you gave them user level read security for cases, they would only be able to see the cases that are owned by them.
    Your answer working perfectly.
    I create 3 users (csr1, csr2, csrmgr). csr1&2 ha csr role and csrmgr has csr manager role.
    I create 2 cases and each case owned by csr1&2. csr1 can't see csr2 case and vice versa but csrmgr can see all csr1&2 cases.

consider setting up an account view and filtering it where related cases owner equals current user.
    Joel again you have better idea.
    I'll check in my crm book on how to create a new view and how to do filtering base on user

thanks
    Friday, June 13, 2008 4:21 AM