McAfee Virus scanner, malwarebytes, ad-ware, spybot, and Super AntiSpyware shutting down during scans. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm at a lost here. Couple days ago I was following some links and I thought what to be a good link and all of a sudden computer slowed to a halt and had several pop ups going. So rebooted and tried to do some scans with McAfee Virus scanner, malwarebytes, ad-ware, spybot, Super AntiSpyware and Fix-It Ultities. All of them will 
    stop and shutdown.

Looked in my Task Manager and noticed B.EXE which I searched Google and showed it was a trojan. So I booted 
    into Safe Mode to try to remove them and still no luck, scanners all shutdown while scanning. I was able to roll 
    back my computer to an earlier date but I can still see that my computer is not
    the same as it was before.

SuperAntiSpyware did detect some trojans and was able to remove some but now all my scanning softwares are 
    missing icons.

I am running Windows XP SP3, and this occurred using IE8. Right now using Chrome but not all websites work 
    well in Chrome, which is why I was using IE8.

What should my next step be before reinstalling all my software?
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:43 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:43 PM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Anti-Virus)
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 10:57 PM

All replies