Marketing List Campaign Activity Mail Merge Accessing custom entity fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, we have CRM2013 onpremise.

I have a custom entity "application" linked to contact, with fields such as "subject". I would like to access the fields in the custom entity in an email merge campaign activity based on a marketing list. When I attempt to select the data fields for insertion, my custom entity is not accessible via "record type". I had hoped it would be due to its relationship with the contact entity?

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, as I am just getting used to Marketing, but before I spend any more time, I am just looking for a definitive answer on whether or not custom entities can be accessed via this method?

Thanks.

Seamus

Monday, January 26, 2015 1:33 PM

All replies

• Try select the "application" as the Associated Entity for the email merge template, from there you can access Contact data field if there is one-to-many relationship from Contact to "Application".

View Kevin Dan's LinkedIn profileView Kevin Dan's profile Please click "Mark As Answer" on the post if this post answers the question or "Vote as Helpful" when it helps.

Monday, January 26, 2015 8:11 PM
  • Thanks  - I would if I could but as I said, it is not offered as an option.
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:33 AM