70-562 difficulty level compared to 70-536 RRS feed

• Question

• The consensus seems to be that 70-536 is one of the tougher exams, so how does 70-562 compare to that?

Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,
      I think generally the GUI exams are easier, also ADO.Net being moved into it's own exam has made the web exam easier.
      Before I took the MCTS ASP.NET 3.5 exam, I reveiwed the material over a couple of nights and bought and did the measureup questions.
      This was enought for me to pass well, I put considerably more effort into the 70-536.

Hope this helps

Geoff

MCPD * 5, MCITP * 2, MCTS **

Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:50 PM
  • People find the 70-536 exam a bit tougher because it goes into the foundations and some of the stuff is not what people would use on a day to day basis. It can also be a bit "dry" to learn but in the end its good to know this.

Because 536 deals with stuff like encryption, appdomains, threading, globalization and the like, you might find yourself thinking its harder because you might not use it as often but its all relative :)

MCP,MCAD,MCSD.NET,MCTS*7,MCPD*3,MCITP*2,MCDBA Blog: http://certsandprogs.blogspot.com
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,
      I think generally the GUI exams are easier, also ADO.Net being moved into it's own exam has made the web exam easier.
      Before I took the MCTS ASP.NET 3.5 exam, I reveiwed the material over a couple of nights and bought and did the measureup questions.
      This was enought for me to pass well, I put considerably more effort into the 70-536.

Hope this helps

Geoff

MCPD * 5, MCITP * 2, MCTS **

Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:50 PM
  • People find the 70-536 exam a bit tougher because it goes into the foundations and some of the stuff is not what people would use on a day to day basis. It can also be a bit "dry" to learn but in the end its good to know this.

Because 536 deals with stuff like encryption, appdomains, threading, globalization and the like, you might find yourself thinking its harder because you might not use it as often but its all relative :)

MCP,MCAD,MCSD.NET,MCTS*7,MCPD*3,MCITP*2,MCDBA Blog: http://certsandprogs.blogspot.com
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 1:16 PM