locked
CRM plugin Error ( There was an error generating the XML document )

    Question

  • All,

        I was registering a plugin in my prod server using the plugin registration tool.   I made a mistake.   So, to rectify that mistake I thought I would try the import/export feature.   My intention was to try and export the XML from Dev where the plugin in working just fine and import it to the PROD server.   Well that did not work either.  

     So, I unregistered the plugin on Prod and fixed my mistake.  The plugin in working just fine on production.   The problem:  On the dev server I am getting the following message when I try to save a new address record around which the plugin was designed to work:



    There was an error generating the XML document.  I tried unregistering the plugin on dev and re-register...to no avail.
    Any ideas...

    Thanks for your help.

    Sameer

    Thursday, November 19, 2009 7:04 PM

Answers

  • Hi Sameer,

    best thing is to do is debug the plug in and see where it is thorwing exception and why it is throwing exception.....


    following steps to set up for debugging plug in code..

    1-Ensure that your plug-in is signed

    2-Rebuild the plug-in

    3-run an iisreset command

    4-copy the .pdb file and your .dll file to server\bin\assembly

    5-Register the Plugin Registration Tool V2 (http://code.msdn.com/crmplugin)

    Refer to your dll in bin\assembly

    Make it disk deployment

    6-Register the step

    7-Register the image if needed

    8-Attach to w3wp.exe if Synchronous plug-in or to AsyncService if asynchronous plug-in

    Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:36 PM