Fix It Tool for Offline PC RRS feed

• Question

• Have downloaded Offline/Disconnected PC version of Microsoft Fix It Tool. When trying to run the program on that pc, the following error message appears:

Troubleshooting cannot continue because an error has occurred. We're sorry, but the problem encountered an error trying to contact the server. Please try again later. [Code 80072EE7]. 

Does Microsoft have an offline version of Fix It Tool, as that particular pc won't be able to connect to Microsoft Servers, or is there another work around / able to download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility somewhere.

Regards

Andy

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 10:48 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, the Windows installer cleanup utility is not longer available from Microsoft. They have moved to more extensive use of the Fix it tool. You may want to try connecting again. I have had occasional issues connecting, but have had success at other times.

If you reply to this with a bit more information about your operating system, etc. to give me more context, I would be happy to move this post to a more appropriate forum.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCSD (Web Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:56 PM

All replies

• As this site is dedicated to Microsoft Certifications, you might want to ask the question on either the Microsoft Community site, or in the appropriate Server forum.
    Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:35 PM
    Answerer
  • Unfortunately, the Windows installer cleanup utility is not longer available from Microsoft. They have moved to more extensive use of the Fix it tool. You may want to try connecting again. I have had occasional issues connecting, but have had success at other times.

If you reply to this with a bit more information about your operating system, etc. to give me more context, I would be happy to move this post to a more appropriate forum.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCSD (Web Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:56 PM