TruncateExistingOrCreateNewTable RRS feed

• Question

•  

What that mean bros? I hoping it is just what it is with no ill affects.

Thanks,

BillB

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 11:20 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, February 7, 2007 7:00 PM

Answers

• SyncDirection is different than TableCreationOptions.

If you want to keep the data in the local table intact, you have two options:

1. UseExistingTableOrFail - this will keep your data and sync only new changes to it along with any new data
    2. UploadExistingOrCreateNewTable - this will mark your data to be uploaded in the next sync
    Wednesday, February 7, 2007 7:50 PM

All replies

• If you are trying to sync table (T) and that table happen to exist in the client database and contains some data, then specifying CreationOption for T as TruncateExistingOrCreateNewTable instructs the sync runtime to delete the contents of T and reuse it (schema, indexes, constraints.. etc of T are kept intact). If T did not exist, then it will be created in the first sync based on the schema returned from the server.

Thanks

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 7:11 PM
  •  Rafik Robeal wrote:

If you are trying to sync table (T) and that table happen to exist in the client database and contains some data, then specifying CreationOption for T as TruncateExistingOrCreateNewTable instructs the sync runtime to delete the contents of T and reuse it (schema, indexes, constraints.. etc of T are kept intact). If T did not exist, then it will be created in the first sync based on the schema returned from the server.

Thanks

So the data stays... right?

Thanks man. :)

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 7:19 PM

• No, data will be truncated (i.e. deleted) the schema of the table will remain (i.e. column names, types, indexes .. etc)

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 7:35 PM
  •  

If i wanted to keep the data I'd use

SyncDirection.Snapshot?

or upload it then by using Bidirectional.... with no

TableCreationOption.TruncateExistingOrCreateNewTable?

Thanks again.. :)

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 7:40 PM

• SyncDirection is different than TableCreationOptions.

1. UseExistingTableOrFail - this will keep your data and sync only new changes to it along with any new data
    2. UploadExistingOrCreateNewTable - this will mark your data to be uploaded in the next sync
    Wednesday, February 7, 2007 7:50 PM
  •  Rafik Robeal wrote:

SyncDirection is different than TableCreationOptions.

very cool and thanks a ton! 

USING THIS EXAMPLE:

' SYNC TABLES ProDetail _________________________________________________________________

' the SQL Server Everywhere Edition provider for the local Database __________________________

Me.ClientSyncProvider = New SqlCeClientSyncProvider(My.Settings.MyConnectionString, True)

'Each table to be syncronized needs a SyncTable definition to set the options

Dim ProDetailSyncTable As New SyncTable

With ProDetailSyncTable

.TableName = "ProDetail"

.SyncDirection = SyncDirection.Snapshot

.CreationOption = TableCreationOption.UploadExistingOrCreateNewTable

End With

' SYNC THE TABLE

Me.SyncTables.Add(ProDetailSyncTable)

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 8:06 PM