how to switch record on button click in crm 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have created a workflow on custom ribbon button that create a record. I want to open that record which is created. My scenario is same like in Qualify button in lead. when we qualify button in lead then opportunity record is created and open that record. Please tell me how is it possible

Friday, January 30, 2015 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hello Aamir,

I don't think that you will find an easy way of doing that. Why not to use OData endpoint to create records instead?

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Friday, January 30, 2015 12:20 PM
  • It is easy (if you do it your way). Create the record with OData on button click. You'll retrieve an id of the entity that is created. Use Xrm.Utility.openEntityForm to open the created record.

Kind Regards

In case you would be a little more attentive questions was - "I have created a workflow on custom ribbon button that create a record. I want to open that record which is created."

How can you retrieve record from a workflow instance?

How your suggestions differences from my? ))))

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Friday, January 30, 2015 1:15 PM
  • Can you give me the code? I have custom entity named "new_agreement". When I click "Close as won" in opportunity then Agreement record is created and open agreement record that is created. Please tell me code
    Friday, January 30, 2015 5:11 PM