ddo RRS feed

• Question

• window live care wont let ddo launcher through the firewall even though I have given it permission to do so several times, even after an update, it will go through if I uninstall the whole program then reload it all in then it will work once, but the next time I go to log in, I get the launcher error message that windows live care wont let it through, even if I turn off the firewall.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 3:00 AM

Answers

• If the program won't connect even after you have turned off the OneCare firewall, it isn't the OneCare firewall that is the cause of the problem. I'm not familiar with the program, but when OneCare does not recognize a program as safe, it will prompt you for action, Once you allow, you typically need to restart the program as it has already been blocked.

If the program is considered malicious, it will be blocked and you will not be prompted. If it works once, then it isn't being blocked by OneCare.

I recommend that you contact support if you believe OneCare is the cause of the problem. 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:28 PM