Local LAN Priority ... RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I simply love the mesh tech preview and now use it for all of my data sharing needs between machines at home and work.

I've got a simple idea / request - It would be great if the mesh client could be made 'smart' enough to sync to all of the other mesh client in the grid that were on the same subnet first or as a priority as well as uploading into the cloud.

My reason for this is : I typically work on some stuff on my workstation on my home network where my work laptop is also connected, when i upload my projects (My a developer) sometime have to wait a fairly long time for the information to upload into the cloud before my laptop can then download it. IT would be WAY COOL if my laptop got the info first (because it's on the same *local* network) and then my workstation at home simply carries on uploading into the cloud.

The cloud is still really useful for (say on client site) but i can wait for it to get there (while i'm stuck in traffice to the client!!).

Thanks

John
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:07 AM

All replies

• I don't know if this is already in the Wish List thread, Sticky: Live Mesh Wish List, but adding your wish/suggestion to that thread would probably be appreciated by the Live Mesh team. Personally, I like this suggestion.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:11 PM