Windows 8 Says not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• I bought my windows 8 online when it was heavily discounted from Microsoft. I also Got the Media Upgrade for free.  My computer crashed and lost my windows after installing the 8.1 update.  I managed to run a key finder to get the Key for Widows and the media upgrade.

I ended up formatting my HD, setting up windows again, but NOT upgrading to 8.1. Now after trying to connect to my other computer, windows activation pops up and says I need to ring a telephone number.  After entering my numbers over the phone, it tells me that my windows might not be genuine and tells me to go to microsoft.com/genuine.  This didn't help me at all.

What can I do?  My Microsoft account doesn't show any purchase for windows 8, but I got it from a legitimate site which I sure was Microsoft. 

Please help me.  Thanks.

Sunday, November 3, 2013 9:02 PM

Answers

• Please repost your problem in the proper Windows 8 Community forum.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install

You should also include the LicensingDiag results...

Please open an Elevated Command Prompt window (in Start, type 'Command' - a Command Prompt icon will appear, right-click on it, and select Run as Administrator)

At the Prompt, type

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

(note the spaces!)

two files will be put on your desktop -

open the 'report.txt' file in Notepad, and copy/paste the results to your new thread- you can ignore the repfiles.cab file for the moment, as it's only backup data

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Monday, November 4, 2013 8:16 AM
    Answerer