installation issue with Windows home server -- clicking next after first welcome screen jumps to time, currency, and input RRS feed

• Question

• I have used several copies of Windows home server on several computer configurations and come up with the same problem every time. When I attempt to run the installation DVD, it goes through a loading sequence and then finally to a welcome screen. When I click next, I am taken to a screen with two drop down menus: time and currency, and keyboard or input. The drop down menus are nonfunctional. There are several screens that should appear between these two screens that never do. When I click the next from this screen I am taken to a bluish green with no text on it and then the system finally reboots. I called Windows technical support and they said it was a defective DVD. But I have tried disks from Amazon.com, TigerDirect, and finally the disc that the Microsoft partner program provides. And I have done this on four different computers running windows XP professional with the same results.
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:09 AM

All replies

• I have used several copies of Windows home server on several computer configurations and come up with the same problem every time. When I attempt to run the installation DVD, it goes through a loading sequence and then finally to a welcome screen. When I click next, I am taken to a screen with two drop down menus: time and currency, and keyboard or input. The drop down menus are nonfunctional. There are several screens that should appear between these two screens that never do. When I click the next from this screen I am taken to a bluish green with no text on it and then the system finally reboots. I called Windows technical support and they said it was a defective DVD. But I have tried disks from Amazon.com, TigerDirect, and finally the disc that the Microsoft partner program provides. And I have done this on four different computers running windows XP professional with the same results.
    It's obviously some sort of hardware issue (if you've really managed to get 3 consecutive defective bad DVDs, you should start playing the lottery  :)  ).  I believe someone once had a similar problem and discovered it was related to the video card.  You might try swapping that out.  What are your hardware specs?
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 4:14 AM
  • I Have been experiencing the same issue as yourself until 10 minutes ago when I booted from a USB Dvd drive and the install proceeded flawlessly.
    Try that or possibly use a USB flash drive as a boot media it is obviously a hardware issue as the only change I made to my system was to add a USB Dvd drive.
    It is a matter of trial and error what is causing it. 
    Monday, November 2, 2009 10:57 AM