OneCare Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Vista SP2 Home Premium.  OneCare (OC) has FAILED again.  This time the Icon on the Task Bar, lower right side of screen is Orange, but when I open OC it is Green, indicating every thing is OK.  When I check last tuneup it indicates there are some problems.  Remove unnecessary files Defragment the Hard Disk, Check for files needing Backup, were YELLOW, even though these things were done, as I did them manually.  I also shut down and restarted my computer.  OneCare has been Problematic since day one.  It takes Spells of not doing a Backup and then it will go back to working some times.  though i had to call you last time and have a Tech do Easy Assist.  He found a Corrupted File, but he failed to find out what caused the file to be corrupt.  Maybe the same thing again, though at that time the OC Icon was not on the Task Bar and it had Disappeared from START ALL PROGRAMS List.  It has done many crazy things.  I tried to Configure Backup, there is a message that my External Hard Drive is not Connected.  Got another message when I tried to SAVE, that procedure can not be done at this time, try again.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, November 28, 2009 4:09 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista))
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 3:49 PM

Answers