Turn on Automatic Updates RRS feed

• Question

• Live OneCare's warning is RED "Automatic Update is turned off".  It requests to turn on Automatic Update.  Every time I click the turn on button, the message states "Windows Live OneCare cannot turn on Automatic Updates at this time.  Please try again later...  Now my PC is at risk because of this.  How do I fix that?

Sunday, July 13, 2008 11:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can you verify Automatic Update is turned off and can you turn AU on in Windows?

Sunday, July 13, 2008 2:27 PM
  • Hello Jim,

I am having the same problems in Vista ultimate 32, sp 1 with Windows Live OnceCAre.  In the Control Panel windows update, my setting is set to 'check for updates but let me coose whether to download and install them', and the option to change to install updatres automaticall is grayed out.  It says some settigns are managed by my system admin, but my user profile is that of system admin, so i don't know why it won't let me change the settings from the windows update control panel.

Thanks for any help you can give to both of us.

tom

Monday, July 14, 2008 1:12 AM
  • I moved this thread to the Tune-up topic as the AU settings and Windows Update checking is done by this part of OneCare.

Tom, since you are unable to access the AU settings to change them, I suggest that you contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

There have been reports of OneCare mis-reporting the settings for AU, but it doesn't block you from changing the selection. The mis-reporting is usually along the lines of the first post in this thread - OneCare says AU is off, but it is actually on.

-steve

Monday, July 14, 2008 5:40 PM
  • If you are unable to turn on Automatic Updates directly from Control Panel, please contact Support -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, July 14, 2008 5:48 PM
  • Automatic Update is turned on in Control Panel, "One Care" still has the RED sign, I have had this problem before, so deleted "ONE CARE", this is a new attempt to install it. 

Saturday, August 16, 2008 8:08 PM