lost my win7 home premium RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have HP laptop and a windows 7 home premium 32bit was installed on it by HP; then i lost my hard disk totally and had to buy a new hard disk.

so i lost my original windows and i don't have a backup or recovery CD.

i installed an illegal copy of win7 enterprize 64bit, but i want my original home premium back. Everything i have is the windows product key on the back of my laptop, now if i install a copy of windows 7 home premium from the internet and put my product key in this copy; will it become original as given by HP.

or any other solutions.

thanks

Monday, February 28, 2011 7:00 PM

Answers

• "msousa123" wrote in message news:dc730b2c-50a9-4a63-8213-841a660b7ba2...

Hello

I have HP laptop and a windows 7 home premium 32bit was installed on it by HP; then i lost my hard disk totally and had to buy a new hard disk.

i installed an illegal copy of win7 enterprize 64bit, but i want my original home premium back. Everything i have is the windows product key on the back of my laptop, now if i install a copy of windows 7 home premium from the internet and put my product key in this copy; will it become original as given by HP.

or any other solutions.

thanks

Your cheapest option is to borrow a legal Retail disk for Windows 7 Home Premium, and use that for a clean reinstall, using your COA Key.
    Otherwise, you can contact HP and ask them to provide a copy of the system Recovery disks for your PC (I gather it's three DVD's now) which will restore your PC to ex-factory condition. The cost for this is relatively small (usually less than $50).

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, February 28, 2011 10:46 PM

All replies

• Order recovery disks from HP or from a third party like Recovery-Disks.com.  There are several.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 7:09 PM
    Answerer
  • "msousa123" wrote in message news:dc730b2c-50a9-4a63-8213-841a660b7ba2...

Hello

or any other solutions.

thanks

Your cheapest option is to borrow a legal Retail disk for Windows 7 Home Premium, and use that for a clean reinstall, using your COA Key.
    Otherwise, you can contact HP and ask them to provide a copy of the system Recovery disks for your PC (I gather it's three DVD's now) which will restore your PC to ex-factory condition. The cost for this is relatively small (usually less than $50).

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, February 28, 2011 10:46 PM