Swyx and OCS RRS feed

Answers

• I guess I'll answer my own question. I managed to get this working for outbound calls. The mediation server uses Swyx as the PSTN gateway. Unfortunately Swyx uses SIP over UDP for inbound calls so this does not work.

I also noticed that the Hold function doesn't work. Seems that Swyx can't handle that because it logs an error on the server.

Regards,

Nóri

Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:53 PM

All replies

• I guess I'll answer my own question. I managed to get this working for outbound calls. The mediation server uses Swyx as the PSTN gateway. Unfortunately Swyx uses SIP over UDP for inbound calls so this does not work.

I also noticed that the Hold function doesn't work. Seems that Swyx can't handle that because it logs an error on the server.

Regards,

Nóri

Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:53 PM
  •  

Hi there,

Would you mind if you could briefly tell me how you got it working with Swyx - outbound calls only would be a lot better than where I am at the moment with it!!

Many thanks

Michael

Monday, December 3, 2007 9:42 AM
  • fyi the official supported and qualified list of gateways and PBX's that interoperates with OCS 2007 is maintained here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb735838.aspx

best regards

Jens

Monday, December 3, 2007 1:33 PM
  • Thanks. Although the newest version of SwyxWare now works with OCS. It support SIP over TCP. There are some functions that don't seem to work though. DTMF being one them and Communicator keeps ringing if some hangs up before you answer.

Monday, January 7, 2008 6:02 PM
  •  Nóri wrote:
    Thanks. Although the newest version of SwyxWare now works with OCS. It support SIP over TCP. There are some functions that don't seem to work though. DTMF being one them and Communicator keeps ringing if some hangs up before you answer.

Hi Nori,

how did you magange to get this working ? We also have the Swyx PBX and would love to know some more information.

Could you help me ?

Regards

Friday, February 22, 2008 11:36 AM
  • Send me an e-mail at nori@annata.is and I'll send you screenshots of the SIP configuration.

Regards,

Nóri

Friday, February 22, 2008 5:31 PM