Any plan for HDR? RRS feed

• Question

• HD view puts some support for HDR now. It would be super convenient if it's possible to just drag & drop massive bracket photos to ICE and output a HDR+pano result. Most HDR softwares don't do pixel align and color composite very well, so they have to do strong anti-ghost and noise reduction and color turning that ruin the details and color also looks unnatural. ICE happens to do the jobs amazingly well. I think ICE already has the potential advantage.
    Monday, October 8, 2012 2:49 PM

All replies

• As an HDRpano fan, your post caught my attention, excellent question!  

This isn't an answer, so much as it is support for the continued development of ICE and Photosynth... I was digging around the Silverlight 5 site recently... check out the features...  http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/features/

Some impressive capabilities and a lot of potential... I suppose it is only a matter of time until GPU rendering matures, Silverlight is ported for a few more platforms and browsers... It may be just a bit ahead of it's time... just barely.

ICE/PHOTOSYNTH/DEEPZOOM have such huge potential as educational/storytelling/archival/artistic tools...  I wonder if there is a way to code it in Silverlight or integrate various tools into a HDR / PHOTOSYNTH / DeepZoom toolkit?  An HDRpano_ICEkit. :)

Maybe it's just a matter of implementing advanced options that guide workflow.  There are so many variables and cumulative effects that can come into play... some simple adjustments might be all that is needed... contrast / sharpness / levels... 

-=gb=-

-=gb=-

Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:51 AM