New Product Pages - This Is An Improvement? RRS feed

All replies

• Yea, I suppose WHS 2011 has not produced much revenue

and therefore does't get the advertising space.

Friday, January 13, 2012 5:31 PM
  • Good to see this on the front page - might stop people complaining, or perhaps not:

** To connect to one of your home computers via Remote Access, your home computer needs to be properly configured and running one of the following operating systems: Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 (SP3); Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Business, or Windows VistaEnterprise; or Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Friday, January 13, 2012 8:46 PM
  • Good to see this on the front page - might stop people complaining, or perhaps not:

** To connect to one of your home computers via Remote Access, your home computer needs to be properly configured and running one of the following operating systems: Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 (SP3); Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Business, or Windows VistaEnterprise; or Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

This is for the feature:

Run programs, just as if you were sitting in front of your home computer.**

I'm confused about what "Remote Access" means, because if the idea is that you can have programs on the WHS that you want to run from a remote PC, even W7 Home Premium has the Remote Desktop client (even though it doesn't have the RD server). What's "Remote Access" then?

Or is the idea that you'd Remote-in to your WHS box and thereby gain access to your home PCs? But if you want to do that, why not access the PCs directly????

• Edited by maxblack Sunday, January 15, 2012 3:23 PM
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 3:21 PM
  • Or is the idea that you'd Remote-in to your WHS box and thereby gain access to your home PCs? But if you want to do that, why not access the PCs directly????

That's the facility provided by WHS for versions of Windows above Home Premium (i.e. with RD Server). It provides a simple way of accessing all your home PCs from the Internet via a single login & interface.

Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:13 PM
  • Or is the idea that you'd Remote-in to your WHS box and thereby gain access to your home PCs? But if you want to do that, why not access the PCs directly????
    That's the facility provided by WHS for versions of Windows above Home Premium (i.e. with RD Server). It provides a simple way of accessing all your home PCs from the Internet via a single login & interface.
    Thanks, I guess that would be a nice feature as you'd only have to open-up the WHS box to the Internet. Now if only MS would make upgrades "above HP" a little cheaper!
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:41 PM
  • Nice how there is not ONE WHS 2011 server available to purchase in the US. I hope Microsoft doesn't cancel WHS, but I won't hold my breath.
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:04 AM