none
R RRS feed

All replies

• Is it cross-platform remote debugging? refer to

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/python/debugging-cross-platform-remote

Feel free to let us know if there are any error message.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Friday, January 12, 2018 6:56 AM
    Friday, January 12, 2018 6:56 AM
  • No,

I want a method to control the debug menu from visual studio on the same machine using python script.

In present I use :

pythoncom.CoInitialize()
        dte = Dispatch("WDExpress.DTE.12.0")
        dte.MainWindow.Visible = bVisibleUI
        dte.Solution.Open(sSolutionPath)

But this method is instable, do you know if is any solution available ? 

Monday, January 15, 2018 12:12 PM
  • Just realize that you want to use Python to control or interact with Visual Studio.

I'm not an expert of Python, maybe you could implement it via Python application, but it's a bit out of our support scope.

I recommend you post this issue at Python community where you will get a more proper answer.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:21 AM
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:21 AM