data import results - no info RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I exported an xml file of users from a CRM 2011 environment.  I imported this xml file of users into a CRM 2013 environment.  The import wizard said that the job completed successfully. When I double-click on the job to open it, the common group in the left nav area has 3 nav items:

* Users Fully Imported
    * Users Partially Imported
    * Failures

No information is displayed for any of these groups. This seems unusual because each processed import record should fall into 1 of these categories. Any idea why no information is displayed for any of the users in the import xml file in any of these groups?
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:17 PM

All replies

• I have had the same issue with 2013 but unsure why it does it. Try these

1.) Zip up the xml file and try importing. If you were using a different browser try it in IE.

2.) Open the xml and Excel and save as CSV and try importing now after configuring the data map. (this option might cause primary key differences for the newly created records)

Recently I have started using the data migration utility which is a part of the CRM2013 SDK that has been updated for CRM 2013 SP1 and found it really good. Try downloading the recent 2013 SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40321 and navigate to the Tools\ConfigurationMigration folder and run the DataMigrationUtility.exe. The good thing about this tool is that it works in both 2011 and 2013 environments.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:43 PM