none
Exam 70-511 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends,

I am a MCA first sem student. I am learning .NET from past one year. I have done a project on .NET in my graduation. Now i am interested to take up 70-511. Can a student take up this exam. Microsoft page for 70-511 says this

"The candidate works in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2010 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to create WinForms and WPF applications. The candidate should have at least one year of experience developing Windows-based applications by using Visual Studio, including at least six months of experience with Visual Studio 2010 Professional. "

Should i be a working professional to take up the exam? I am using Visual Studio 2010 from past  8-10 months. Is it sufficient to take the exam after preparing for the exam using the Microsoft Press Training kit for 70-511. Can a student take this exam or not? 

Please, can somebody clarify this.............I am confused................!

Thanking you,
    Abhilash D K
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:11 AM

Answers

• Generally speaking, you should have some real experience using a product. By real experience I mean working somewhere using the product daily, not just using the project while studying.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by Abhilash D K Monday, January 16, 2012 1:25 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:27 AM
  • And in addition to the other answers: Preparing through the self paced training kit is a good way to prepare yourself. But you should not just read it and follow the different practices in there: Extend it, build your own small examples so you really know how to use the stuff explained. Look around, what other classes belong to that area. My experience is, that you are then pretty good prepared for the exam.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Abhilash D K Monday, January 16, 2012 1:33 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 9:58 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

there isn't a problem to take a MCTS exam when you're a student, but like Jeff said you should have some real experience.

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    Monday, January 16, 2012 9:33 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

the 70-433 exam is covering SQL Server 2008. There are no exams for SQL Server 2012 so far.

Please see the page for exam 70-433 for details on the exam:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-433&locale=en-us

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:46 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

you will find a lot of resources if you browsing the internet for it. MSDN should become your friend. Also you should look for the 'Developer Training Kits' which will help you.

In most of the developer exams (f.e. 70-515) you can choose the exam language (either in C# or VB). C# itself doesn't have an extra exam.

If you want to take a SQL Server exam you should first check which is most suitable for you.

• 70-448 is for BI developer. Before taking this exam you should definitely have some practise in BI projects.
    • 70-432 is for database administrators. For this exam you should have some experience with managing and maintaining SQL Server.
    • 70-433 is for database developers. You should be very familar with SQL as your second language ;-)

• Marked as answer by Abhilash D K Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:03 AM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 5:20 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Generally speaking, you should have some real experience using a product. By real experience I mean working somewhere using the product daily, not just using the project while studying.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by Abhilash D K Monday, January 16, 2012 1:25 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 6:27 AM
  • Hi,

there isn't a problem to take a MCTS exam when you're a student, but like Jeff said you should have some real experience.

Monday, January 16, 2012 9:33 AM
    Answerer
  • And in addition to the other answers: Preparing through the self paced training kit is a good way to prepare yourself. But you should not just read it and follow the different practices in there: Extend it, build your own small examples so you really know how to use the stuff explained. Look around, what other classes belong to that area. My experience is, that you are then pretty good prepared for the exam.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, January 16, 2012 9:58 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Jeff, Konard and Horizen Net,

Thankyou very much for the reply. As I said I am still in my first Semester and i will not attempt to take up the exam so early. I will first learn the concepts well and then i will take the exam.

Can anybody tell where i can explore the concepts deeper and learn more and practice the concepts well. Please can you guide me in preparing well by giving any links that point to some websites where the concepts are explained in bit more depth and something like that....

Also Can i do a certification only on C# language?

Also I am very much interested to get an MCTS certificate in SQL SERVER 2008. Which of the following exams should I write first:

MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance

MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Database Development

MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance

Thanking you,

Abhilash D K

Monday, January 16, 2012 1:32 PM
  • Hi,

you will find a lot of resources if you browsing the internet for it. MSDN should become your friend. Also you should look for the 'Developer Training Kits' which will help you.

In most of the developer exams (f.e. 70-515) you can choose the exam language (either in C# or VB). C# itself doesn't have an extra exam.

If you want to take a SQL Server exam you should first check which is most suitable for you.

• 70-448 is for BI developer. Before taking this exam you should definitely have some practise in BI projects.
    • 70-432 is for database administrators. For this exam you should have some experience with managing and maintaining SQL Server.
    • 70-433 is for database developers. You should be very familar with SQL as your second language ;-)

• Marked as answer by Abhilash D K Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:03 AM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 5:20 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Horizon.NET,

Thankyou. I am very much interested in 70-433. I will prepare and take up the exam. Should I take it for SQL SERVER 2008 or 2012. Which one will you suggest?

Thanking you

Abhilash D K

Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

the 70-433 exam is covering SQL Server 2008. There are no exams for SQL Server 2012 so far.

Please see the page for exam 70-433 for details on the exam:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-433&locale=en-us

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:46 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi sir,

Thankyou very much.

Thankingyou,

Abhilash D.K

Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:42 PM