CRM 4.0 - Marketing Member List - total count is wrong RRS feed

• Question

• A client just noticed that the total count of marketing list members on a specific list is wrong. It is exactly 500 more than what it should be.

Under the marketing list members it shows Total: 1949 members. When I do an export it only has 1449 members in the export. So I went in and removed all members and the total count is showing 500. With no members in the list!

Any ideas why this would be or how to fix it?

I will probably just have to delete the list and create a new one from scratch. We use saved views for all marketing lists so it shouldn't be a big deal. Just a PITA. :-)

Thanks

Joel

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:02 PM

Answers

•  AJBets wrote:
    Hi Joel,

Did you get anywhere with this issue?
    I am having exactly the same issue where one of our Marketing Lists is saying that it has exactly 500 more members than it actually does.

Thanks,
    AJ

AJ,

I just ran a sql update to the table to fix the members count. Since then, we have not seen the problem again.

Joel.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Joel, does your client's system have more than one business unit? It could be that the count is showing the total number of members in the list, but when you export the members only those members that you have appropriate security privileges to see will get exported. Just a hunch...

Neil
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:09 PM
  •  NeilBenson wrote:
    Hi Joel, does your client's system have more than one business unit? It could be that the count is showing the total number of members in the list, but when you export the members only those members that you have appropriate security privileges to see will get exported. Just a hunch...

Neil

They only have one business unit set up so this should be it. When I log in as Admin, it shows the same 'wrong count'.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:08 PM
  • Just as a follow up. I had the users delete the marketing list and create new ones. The counts seem to be fine until recently. The member count is off again. Table: ListBase - Column: MemberCount is showing 2,039

I ran the query off ListMemberBase and it came back with a lower count than what the ListBase table was showing (1,539). After searching online and not finding anything, I just ran an update statement againt the database.

Anyone else have this happen?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:37 PM
  • Hi Joel,

I am having exactly the same issue where one of our Marketing Lists is saying that it has exactly 500 more members than it actually does.

Thanks,
    AJ
    • Proposed as answer by Rashid74 Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:55 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Rashid74 Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:55 PM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:22 PM
  •  AJBets wrote:
    Hi Joel,

Thanks,
    AJ

AJ,

I just ran a sql update to the table to fix the members count. Since then, we have not seen the problem again.

Joel.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:52 PM