none
Powerpivot table fails to update if source Excel table is filtered RRS feed

• Question

• I have a PowerPivot table based off an Excel table that includes data from 2010 through to 2013.  The Powerpivot table will update if the Excel table has no filters on.  However, the Powerpivot table fails to update if the Excel table is filtered by date and does not include Feb. 2012.  The Powerpivot table will update if the Excel table is filtered for any combination of dates as long as Feb. 2012 is included.  If Feb. 2012 is not included in the filter criteria I get the following message when trying to update the Powerpivot table:

Unable to Update

The following tables could not be updated:  Concerns

Linked table might not be updated because of conflicting data types or duplicate values in a column.  Ensure theat the data type of the selected content matches the data type of the target columns.  If the table is used in a relationship as a lookup table, ensure that there are not duplicate values in the column that is specified for that relationship.

I'm not finding this message helpful because I can't understand why things work if data from Feb 2012 is included in my filter criteria.  Everything was working fine until the middle of Dec. 2012.  How can I find and fix the cause of this error?

• Moved by litdev Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:55 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:09 PM

Answers

• This is not a SmallBasic question.

You should ask this in the forum where you asked other SQL questions.

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

• Marked as answer by hwm8178 Friday, March 1, 2013 4:18 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:20 PM