Increase the "C" Drive? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've read that the C drive is set at 20gig. That seems like it could be a limitation to the versatility of the server. If someone wanted to run software on the server other than just WHS. I know it is not supported but "could" the C drive be made larger than 20gig?
    Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:33 PM

Answers

• You will find instructions to help you achieve resizing the C: partition here. But it's not for the faint of heart; it offers plenty of opportunity for messing up along the way. In addition, it's unsupported, and may make it impossible to install some future update for all I know.
    Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:15 PM

All replies

•  RonRock wrote:

I've read that the C drive is set at 20gig. That seems like it could be a limitation to the versatility of the server. If someone wanted to run software on the server other than just WHS. I know it is not supported but "could" the C drive be made larger than 20gig?

You are correct its not supported and I do not recommend it,  but its possible make C drive larger than 20 gig, search the froum.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:48 PM
  • Thank you Richard, I have searched and did find communication from several who wanted to increase the C drive. But nothing as to how, or results from anyone that has.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:04 PM
  • I will see if I can find the posts for you.

• You will find instructions to help you achieve resizing the C: partition here. But it's not for the faint of heart; it offers plenty of opportunity for messing up along the way. In addition, it's unsupported, and may make it impossible to install some future update for all I know.
  • As a suggestion, which you'll find elsewhere in the forum, add a suitable size drive but don't add it to the storage pool.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:02 PM