none
Is there any android app through which i can use sql server forum?

Question

• Dear Team,

As you can understand with the subject line of this forum, the reason for this post is that reading the post in cell phone out side the office with browser is very slow even on 3G. if there could be any app so that it could be very easy to read / share / grab knowledge for us.

If you people know any apps for MSDN FORUM please write in reply.

Regards

Chetan

• Moved by Tom Phillips Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:01 PM More general Forum usage question
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 12:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• I've just checked playstore and there is nothing.

Please click "Mark As Answer" if my post helped. Tony C.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 12:56 PM
  • Hello Chetan,

You can give the NNTP Bridge Option a try, then you can use newsreader; see What the NNTP Bridge Checkbox Does in the TechNet and MSDN Forums My Settings

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 12:59 PM
  • Hi Olaf Helper,

Is this any kind of Application which i can install in my android phone?

Regards

ChetanV

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:37 PM
  • Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:42 PM
  • I haven't tested it yet, but by the Wiki article you can use any newsreader application.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:42 PM
  • The NNTP bridge is a Windows application. I doubt there is an Android version. I would also expect the Android market be thin on NNTP clients.

As for the question as such, Microsoft exposes both a SOAP API and a REST API to the forums, so in thoery it would be possible to use them to implement something for a phone. But how would it work? None of them are blazingly fast. Possibly they could download articles while you are carrying around the phone so you have them on the phone when you want to read. But the risk is that you would have to pay for downloading things you never read.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:53 PM
  • Hi Olaf Helper ,

i have checked the URL mentioned by you , it says that i need to download the a software and it needs to install in computer. sorry to say you but its not the app which i want. i want a simple app like XDA Blogs and XDA Premium, you can search it in play store.

As I can read my posts answer in my mail but i cant reply on it quickly, if Microsoft will develop an app then it can solve most of the problem.

I know it very silly question i asked , but it can be very useful out of the office.

Regards

ChetanV

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:00 PM
  • The short answer is no, there is not anything specific. You'll need to use one of the web browsers.

• Proposed as answer by Ice Fan Thursday, February 4, 2016 10:39 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:05 PM
  • :-((

OK

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:08 PM
  • The NNTP bridge is a Windows application. I doubt there is an Android version. I would also expect the Android market be thin on NNTP clients.

As for the question as such, Microsoft exposes both a SOAP API and a REST API to the forums, so in thoery it would be possible to use them to implement something for a phone. But how would it work? None of them are blazingly fast. Possibly they could download articles while you are carrying around the phone so you have them on the phone when you want to read. But the risk is that you would have to pay for downloading things you never read.

I have never done it, but I believe the NNTP bridge can be installed on a Windows machine and then accessed remotely using any newsreader on any machine. This might be more efficient than using a browser directly on the forums, because an NNTP reader by default only downloads headers.

Here is an Android NNTP newsreader

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.piaohong.newsgroup&hl=en

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 4:22 PM
  • reading the post in cell phone

What are you "reading"?  RSS might be faster and there is RSS support here (of a sort).

Can you give an example publicly accessible URL that you might like to use this way?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 6:03 PM