none
BUGS + Annoyances opening old blog posts for editing

General discussion

• As I have a travel/photo blog that's been running for some years, I sometimes go back and re-format old posts that were mangled by Blogger's horrible editor.

I would like to be able to simply give WLW the URL and open directly but instead I have to wait some minutes for it to download the name of over 1000 posts and then filter for the one I want. Repeat. Verrry slowly.

Quite often when I do attempt this, and Blogger can't handle the strain of talking to WLW that long I get an Unexpected Error dialog with WebException:

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.RedirectHelper.GetResponse(String initialUri, RequestFactory requestFactory)

at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.XmlRestRequestHelper.SimpleRequest(String method, Uri& uri, HttpRequestFilter filter, WebHeaderCollection& responseHeaders, String[] parameters)

at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.XmlRestRequestHelper.Get(Uri& uri, HttpRequestFilter filter, WebHeaderCollection& responseHeaders, String[] parameters)

at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.XmlRestRequestHelper.Get(Uri& uri, HttpRequestFilter filter, String[] parameters)

at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.AtomClient.GetRecentPostsInternal(String blogId, Int32 maxPosts, Boolean includeCategories, Nullable`1 now)

at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.BloggerAtomClient.GetRecentPosts(String blogId, Int32 maxPosts, Boolean includeCategories, Nullable`1 now)

at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Blog.GetRecentPosts(Int32 maxPosts, Boolean includeCategories)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running WLW 2011 15.4.3538.513 on Windows 7.64bit

If I've made an error with the version number it's because Microsoft foolishly disabled the copy command for all the useful reportable version information on its product dialogs

• Edited by Thin Ice Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:06 PM typo
    • Changed type Thin Ice Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:06 PM not question, bug report
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:05 PM