none
Patch KB5018482 activates Applocker even in the Windows Pro edition RRS feed

• Question

• I found out that the applocker is suddenly active on the PC where this patch was installed and is loading changes from the GPO.
     I thought it was just a matter of the enterprise edition and servers, at least it was like that until this patch. I even tried it on my home PC and applocker works after the patch. Is this a bug or will it be enabled for Pro edition? It looks like it doesn't check the SKU. Can anyone else confirm this? 

Addition

We have an environment with windows Enterprise and Pro and they share part of the GPO. I have now correlated events from over 50 pc with Pro and before this update the event log log was showing unable to apply to this SKU. After the application, it started and started restricting according to the policy. This can now be run even on a PC without a domain, just start the AppIDSvc service and set the rules in the local policy and applocker will start working just like in enterprise. This did not work before this update.

• Edited by joojip Friday, November 11, 2022 8:19 PM
    Friday, November 11, 2022 3:40 PM

All replies

• Run the troubleshooter for apps
    Adjust the settings of AppLocker in Local Security Policy (in secpol.msc). This obviously does not work because Windows 10 Pro is not supposed to have AppLocker at all. AppLocker is only available in Enterprise versions.
    Fiddle around with permission settings
    Create c:\Windows\AppReadiness
    Reinstall Windows 10 Pro

Hope You Find This Useful,
    Peter

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 5:39 AM