Unable to create a pairing RRS feed

• Question

• Since I have installed Vista Ultimate my SyncToy is no longer able to create a pairing, I get the following message - The required Microsoft Sync Framework components for Sync Toy cannot be found. Please re-run SyncToy 2.0 from the original location.

I have tried to re-run the synctoy facility and also remove the software but it will not do either.

From what I can see the software cannot see the framework files even though I can locate them.

Regards
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 11:01 AM

Answers

• Could you check if Microsoft Sync Framework in installed on your machine ( from Control Panel )? If yes, uninstall Microsoft Sync Framework , then re-install SyncToy2.0 and  this should install Microsoft Sync Framework v1.0 as well.  After the SyncToy installation, check if the Sync Framework V1.0 is installed or not. Then re-run SyncToy.

BTW, before you installed Vista Ultimate, which OS were you using?

Thanks

Ann Tang
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:57 PM

All replies

• Did you try to re-install SyncToy after installing Vista Ultimate and see if this might solve your issue?

Thanks

Ann Tang
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:50 PM
  • Yes,

I can't re-install, remove or fix it.

It will allow me to go through the process of creating a folder pair, but when I go to enter a name and save it, it crashes.

Regards
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 9:50 PM
  • Could you check if Microsoft Sync Framework in installed on your machine ( from Control Panel )? If yes, uninstall Microsoft Sync Framework , then re-install SyncToy2.0 and  this should install Microsoft Sync Framework v1.0 as well.  After the SyncToy installation, check if the Sync Framework V1.0 is installed or not. Then re-run SyncToy.

BTW, before you installed Vista Ultimate, which OS were you using?

Thanks

Ann Tang
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:57 PM
  • Sorry for the delay in responding -

Yes, MSF is installed but for some reason I cannot remove it from my system using the control panel. At the moment for some reason I can't remove or add any Windows features.

I was using Vista Businees prior to upgrading to Ultilate.

Regards

Tony
    Monday, April 27, 2009 10:19 AM
  • These threads are quite unhappy, basically hours of time spent on this wonderful buggy program.   Those trying said program are certainly computer savvy, yet still lockups, etc.  
    What is esp unhappy is the concept of making major system changes when working with Sink Toy, which to these users is actually a misnomer, its Sinking Toy, which sinks ones work and lockups up.....
    Beyond sad.   A long time computer  tenet is to NOT upgrade while playing such as Sink the Toy, because your upgrade has not yet been debugged in itself? 

Those in the know, know that often such as shutting down your modem for  a minute can make a difference...   and other such tricks.  

Based on all this chaos, I will put to rest ANY desire to deal with this Sinking Ship of a program.  Too bad.
    Maybe MS is just waiting for y'all to get it debugged so they can market it?   Ah me.  Hours and hours shot....

Sorry. 

MELLO    (still a student since the punch card and Apple IIe days....)

Quote for the day "We used to think that computers will serve us well and save us time and money.  Now we know the computers are controlling us and we have less time than ever."
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:35 PM