Remote Desktop Display Driver Missing ! RRS feed

• Question

• I can't Remote Desktop to one of my PCs (Vista SP1 x64) through Live Mesh - it simply says "This device is synchronizing but cannot be remotely accessed. Check the Live Mesh notifier on the device to see if Live Mesh remote desktop enhancements need to be installed."

So I look in the notifier, and the "i" to install the enhancements is not present.

I do not see the Live Mesh driver in the Display section of Device Manager, so I guess this is the problem.

How do I actually install the driver ? No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling Live Mesh, either with or without UAC, makes any difference. If I install with UAC, then I do see the "i" to install enhancements. I can click on it, and then OK the UAC prompt, and Live Mesh installs something ... and then the driver still isn't there.

What on earth is going on ? How do I force the Live Mesh Display Driver to install ?
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think it would be best for you to submit a bug report.

Please see this post for instructions on how to collect logs and submit a bug on Connect:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/d52b350a-f3e0-41c6-8e78-d6378e566b9e

Thanks,

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:14 PM
  • I am seeing the yellow triangle problem as above (on one pc in the mesh - others are ok).  Is there a fix or workaround for this?

The pc with a problem is running windows 7 home premium.

Thanks!

Dan

Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:01 PM
  • I am seeing the yellow triangle problem as above (on one pc in the mesh - others are ok).  Is there a fix or workaround for this?

The pc with a problem is running windows 7 home premium.

Thanks!

Dan

Hello, Dan.

You responded to a very old post.

Connectivity issues for Remote Desktop via Live Mesh can be due to any number of things. It can be a back end issue, a PC date/time issue, a network configuration or firewall/security software on the affected PC, or a bad/incomplete install.

What OS? Since this beta is at end of life, you may want to look at Windows Live Essentials beta for Wave 4 (via http://get.live.com - learn about the beta)which includes Live Sync, which will be renamed to Windows Live Mesh by the time it is released. If you have any PCs with XP in your Mesh, though, be warned that XP is not supported by the new product/service.

Sometimes a simple uninstall/reinstall of the client and a reboot will resolve the problem.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:58 PM