Excel Addin Appears in Data-Connections-Edit Links RRS feed

• Question

• I have a xla file created in Excel 2003 that I have been using successfully for years.  I converted it to a xlam and used the AddIn manager to install it as a add-in.  When I use any of the custom functions in an Excel 2007-2010 xlsm files, the AddIn shows up as a linked worksheet in Data-Connections-Edit Links.  This creates a problem when I distribute the xlam and xlsm files to others who put them in different file locations than where I have them.  Why is Excel treating the xlam as a linked file?
    Saturday, January 18, 2014 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. All .xlam and also .xla appear as Data-links altough I only have button(form control) linked to macros in the add ins.

The problem is that this happens only in some files but not in all of them. The only solution then is to break the link, which also deletes links in the form control buttons and I have to again link all th ebuttons with appropriate macros form the add-in. If I then save the file and reopen it the data-links are gone and buttons are linked to the macros in the add-in.

But this relinking all of the form control buttons to the macros for every file is just too much so it would be nice if this problem would be resolved.

I'm doing all of this in Office/Excel 2010.

I hope someone has a solution to this.

best regards,

Borut.

Monday, February 3, 2014 4:24 PM
  • I appears that you are running into Excel application issues that are outside the functionality that the WorldWide Telescope Add-in provides.  Please consider posting your question at the Excel forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/excel?tab=Threads.

• Proposed as answer by WWT_Ben Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:46 PM
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:16 PM