CRM for Outlook - Appointment templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know that is not posible to create appointment templates in Dynamics CRM 2013.

What I am trying to figure out is how to append to the Meeting Request sent by Outlook, and tracked by CRM for Outlook Addin, a piece of formatted text based on some custom fields saved in the CRM Appointment record and edited through the "CRM Fields" functionality placed in the Appointment Ribbon.(All of this with an Application Level Addin)

The thing is that, as it appears, CRM for Outlook does not save this information until after the mail is sent, and therefore I am not able to have this information retrieved from my OrganizationServiceProxy when I need to append it to the mail body.

Is there any way to achieve this sort of behaviour, where you can get information from the tracked appointment before it has sent its invitations to the attendees?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:00 PM

All replies

• there are two ways to create appointment.

1. Create appointment in outlook, send it to customer and then track in CRM. CRM now creates an appointment activity.

2. Create an appointment activity in CRM, synchronize to outlook. User opens the appointment in outlook and hits send.

option 1, appointment already sent when the activities are created in CRM. So any changes will not be reflected to the appointment already sent to client.

option 2. Write a synchronous plugin or workflow to update the appointment activity before it is synced into outlook.

now, if you want to add additional information after the appointment is send, you could easily write plugins or real-time workflow.

in real world, I have seen user doing option 1.

so, based on how your users are trained, you may have a solution.

let me know if you want further help

Jithesh

• Proposed as answer by isaputraBanned Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:25 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Agustin Polo Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:52 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:29 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately if those are the only two options we have to send mails based on appointments, I won't be able to fulfill this particular requirement since I need to append the information of the CRM appointment before it is saved in CRM :/

The users in this case are using only the CRM for Outlook tool and they are not willing to change this.

Thanks.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:52 PM
  • hi mate,

I gave you the answer. Not the one that you wish to hear. That does not make the answer different.

please post back your finding.

*reply because you un proposed Elisabeth's selection.

regards,

Jithesh

Friday, September 19, 2014 10:34 AM