This is ridiculous. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running a geniune copy of Microsoft Office, and after a year or so, Vista suddenly insists that I'm not. And of course the validation rubbish won't run on Firefox and insists on me using ***Removed curse word*** Internet Explorer (you Microsoft n00blets should know by now that your competitors produce far superior browsers... is that why you resort to such cheap tactics?), which insists that I'm not online and keeps trying to dial-up (why the ____ would I need to dial-up when I'm on wireless broadband?) WHILE loading the page (YEAH, because ***Removed*** that it loads pages while working offline, amirite?) and it STILL insists on my approving of every single step on the way (typical... Microsoft doesn't even trust it's own programs) and then it tells me that I need administrative priviledges (which I have) or the program "requires access and is unable to communicate with the Microsoft validation servers". Yeah, so it's MY fault that your ***Removed*** can't communicate with ***Removed*** On top of that, I still don't see how this ***Removed*** has ANYTHING to do with the fact that my operating system has falsely identified my programs as being "not genuine". If someone there is trying to make me buy the ***Removed*** software YET AGAIN, they can jolly well ***Removed***. This is a good way to insult us few users who actually bother to get the real software instead of pirated ones. But not like a monopoly would care about its customer service, right? Question (in case you turn a blind eye to the last few rhetorical ones): How do I get rid of this annoying liar of a pop-up which insists that "This copy of Microsoft Office is not genuine"? ------------------- ***Removed***
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:18 AM

Answers

• Hello Ace of Diamonds,

I am editing your post as well as Reporting it as abuse due to language and accusatory tone. We respectfully ask forum users to please not rant. If you need assistance please
    reframe from colorful words and accusations. We serve customers globally and do not want posters to possibly offend customers.

Thank you,

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:13 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:06 PM

All replies

• Hello Ace of Diamonds,

I am editing your post as well as Reporting it as abuse due to language and accusatory tone. We respectfully ask forum users to please not rant. If you need assistance please
    reframe from colorful words and accusations. We serve customers globally and do not want posters to possibly offend customers.

Thank you,

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:13 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:06 PM
  • Despite his colorful language, I know how he feels. I've been running a completely legitimate version of Vista on this brand new PC since January and it just suddenly decides that it is no longer authorized and it won't let me re-authorize it. So, I may not share his flare for colorful language, but I do understand his passion about the issue.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:08 AM