none
Excel Degradation from MS Office 2010 to 2013

Question

• My corp IT dept recently had to re-image my laptop as I was having some performance issues.  As part of this process, they 'upgraded' me to the 2013 versions of MS Office applications.  From the moment I got my computer back, it has been a disaster.  I don't know if this is the proper forum to try to reach MS, but if somehow anyone connected with the development of MS Office products gets this message, here it is plain and simple: you have COMPLETELY destroyed the functionality, performance, and stability of your product, and in the process destroyed my productivity at work.  I am a very heavy user of MS Excel, and have been for over 20 years.  I develop very data-intensive and highly complex Excel models; some of them are >100 MB in size.  In the past with previous versions of Excel, for the very largest models, there might have been some degradation of performance, including slower responsiveness... but with 2013, files that were easily handled by Excel 2010 crash repeatedly.  I continuously get error messages related to memory, not being able to display properly, etc.  At least 8-10 times a day now I have to go into Task Manager to completely shut Excel down because it has locked me out.

I don't know why Microsoft insists on doing these things, taking an amazing, robust, powerful application like Excel, and completely screwing it up.  As is, I am going to beg my IT dept to re-image again and strip out this mess you created and re-install the older versions of your applications... those actually worked, and didn't leave me exasperatingly frustrated during my workday. I can't begin to tell you how disgusted I am with Microsoft, and I have always been a strong advocate for your software.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:17 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:37 PM

Answers

All replies