How do I use a Mustek 800 UPS via RS-232 cable? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm trying to get my WHS to recognize my Mustek 800 UPS which I connected via serial cable. The UPS comes with Winpower software of which I downloaded the latest version (which supposedly supports Windows Server 2003). The software installs an agent which runs as a service. However, I can't get the monitoring part of Winpower to show.

As mentioned in other UPS related articles, I don't see the UPS as a battery in the device manager.

Has anyone experience with this UPS and/or software? Or, is there another way to use the UPS with another driver/software?

Mustek's support has been of no help at all, they didn't even bother to answer my mail....

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions!
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hello, I'm trying to get my WHS to recognize my Mustek 800 UPS which I connected via serial cable. The UPS comes with Winpower software of which I downloaded the latest version (which supposedly supports Windows Server 2003). The software installs an agent which runs as a service. However, I can't get the monitoring part of Winpower to show.

As mentioned in other UPS related articles, I don't see the UPS as a battery in the device manager.

Has anyone experience with this UPS and/or software? Or, is there another way to use the UPS with another driver/software?

Mustek's support has been of no help at all, they didn't even bother to answer my mail....

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions!
    First, installing a UPS on your server is unsupported.  Having said that, did you try uninstalling the software that came with your UPS and relying on the one that is part of the OS instead?
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 1:44 AM