Need help renewing a suspended account RRS feed

• Question

•    My account was suspended because the credit card i had listed had been cancelled.  I purchased a new Windows Live One Care CD and uninstalled my old Windows Live One Care and installed the new CD.  It never asked me for the product Key - only my windows live ID (which is associated with the suspended account).  When I login to my Windows Live ID the only option I have is to update my credit card - not to use a token or or renew with a product key, etc.  PLEASE HELP!
    Monday, March 2, 2009 1:16 AM

Answers

• If you create a new Live ID you should be able to proceed with activation. This would be much easier than re-activating your suspended account.
    Jim
    Monday, March 2, 2009 2:55 AM

All replies

• If you create a new Live ID you should be able to proceed with activation. This would be much easier than re-activating your suspended account.
    Jim
    Monday, March 2, 2009 2:55 AM
  • Thank you for your response Jim.  I have another question.  If I create a new Live ID is there a place in the software to link the new ID to the software or do I have to unistall the software and then re-install it so I can tell it a new Live ID?  I had gone to my mothers house (3 hours away) and installed the software on her computer so I don't want to make a special trip there just to uninstall and reinstall the software if there is another option.  Thank you.
    Monday, March 2, 2009 5:38 PM
  • If the software on your mother's PC is set up for the original LiveID, you'll need to remove that LiveID from OneCare using the tool here: 

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/f5ce50e4-9165-40a5-891b-fe5d0659738b

Then, you would subscribe using the LiveID that you use to start the new subscription.

If you want to pursue to try to get the original account dealt with, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 2, 2009 6:09 PM