Question about Plugins. RRS feed

• Question

• I've started developing plugins in CRM, and most of the plugins fire on the Post-Operation state. Is it just my imagination or does it slow down the form 'save'? I am starting to notice a 2 - 3 seconds before a form saves and closes. I couldn't find much info so any info would help.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:54 PM

Answers

• Have you registered the plugin in synchronous or asynchronous mode? Synchronous mode will execute you code prior to the form completing the save, asynchronous mode executes the code in the background and doesn't tie up the form. Use asynchronous if the result of the plugin won't have any impact on the current record use synchronous if the plugin effects the current record and you need to see the result after the form refreshes  from the save (could cause the delay if the plugin takes awhile to execute). 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:58 PM

All replies

• Please check plugin event execution pipeline to get more detailed imaginations. 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg327941.aspx

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !!!
    Vikram Singh. !!!  My Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:59 PM
  • Vikram thank you for the reply; I've known about that and use that to make my plugins. I am curious though, I am implementing a rollup plugin based on the estimated value in opportunity. The rollup calculated the total sum in all opportunities. I am using CRM Online so limited to Pre & Post. The only option I see is to implement for Post.
  • Have you registered the plugin in synchronous or asynchronous mode? Synchronous mode will execute you code prior to the form completing the save, asynchronous mode executes the code in the background and doesn't tie up the form. Use asynchronous if the result of the plugin won't have any impact on the current record use synchronous if the plugin effects the current record and you need to see the result after the form refreshes  from the save (could cause the delay if the plugin takes awhile to execute). 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

• This was the answer thank you.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:27 PM