"Passwords do not match" message - but they do! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Each time I reboot my PC (i don't leave them on 24 hrs) WHS task bar icon gives me the above message.  The WHS account and the PC have the same password - and when I put these in as requested WHS goes away happy.

Don't understand this? Any suggestions please;

Mel P

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:09 AM

Answers

• The passwords being the same is on users, not on the whs itself.  If a user on whs and the user you login to your computer are the same, they need to have the same password.  I ran into this issue of the software bugging me every day and had to change the name of the user on whs... then it went away and I've been able to use my shares and without issue.  You might also attempt to change the user password on both to similar passwords, then rebooting both machines and see if you do the "update password" and get them to sync that way. 

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:16 AM

All replies

• The passwords being the same is on users, not on the whs itself.  If a user on whs and the user you login to your computer are the same, they need to have the same password.  I ran into this issue of the software bugging me every day and had to change the name of the user on whs... then it went away and I've been able to use my shares and without issue.  You might also attempt to change the user password on both to similar passwords, then rebooting both machines and see if you do the "update password" and get them to sync that way. 

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:16 AM
  • Deleted and re-created accounts - now OK

Mel P

Friday, September 21, 2007 11:38 AM
  • I know this is and old post, but I had a similar issue and none of this helped, but I did fix it.

My Home server had lost it's Time so it was reset back to 2003 and apparently when the time on the desktop and the server get way out of each other the credentials get very wonky.  I was able to get on Via Remote desktop, so I just reset the time and it all worked fine.  Hope this helps someone save the Hours of frustration I had working with this problem.

Sunday, December 21, 2014 3:22 PM