Bug Report: XP client (still) can't backup in RC, Event 773 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a plain vanilla XP client running on standard Compaq hardware, that passes the Microsoft memory test, and has been installed from verified media, that is still unable to ever backup.

It generates an event on the client every time a backup is initiated

The event is numbered 773 and includes this:

Backup of volume C: to SERVER failed: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Number was less than the array's lower bound in the first dimension.

Parameter name: srcIndex

at System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)

at Microsoft.HomeServer.Backup.BackupOp.BackupOperation.InitializeBitMaps()

at Microsoft.HomeServer.Backup.BackupOp.BackupOperation.RunWithoutCatch()

at Microsoft.HomeServer.Backup.BackupOp.BackupOperation.Run()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This same behavior has been previously submitted as bug reports 272527 and 261306 on two prior betas which I believe you closed as unreproducible. Well I for one can still reporoduce this in the release candididate - and if you examine the comments on the earlier bug reports it might lead you to believe that others can reporoduce this as well.

Two other clients, one XP and one Vista backup successfully to the server.

CAB 3508317\59 has been submitted from the client.

I am submitting this bug here because I couldn't figure out what the appropriate method is from the instructions I read at the connect web site.

Sunday, June 17, 2007 9:23 PM