Evaluation Copy Expiring soon???? RRS feed

• Question

• After a recent reboot of WHS it has now started giving me the following message:

Network Health: At Risk
    Upgrade your Windows Home Server
    27 Days remain before your evaluation copy of Windows Home Server expires

If I click the gear icon for settings, it tells me that my "Evaluation Copy" expires on the 3/05/2007

Anyboy else with this issue?

Thanks

Andrew
    Friday, April 6, 2007 2:03 AM

Answers

• Others have had this problem when they install Windows Home Server and realize the date is off and change the date to a later date.  You may need to obtain another key off of Microsoft Connect and re-install Windows Home Server.
    Friday, April 6, 2007 2:47 AM
  • Unfortunately, there's no way I'm aware of to reset the expiration date.
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 1:03 PM

All replies

• My expiration on my WHS, which I reinstalled yesterday, is given as 4/4/2008.

Friday, April 6, 2007 2:46 AM
  • Others have had this problem when they install Windows Home Server and realize the date is off and change the date to a later date.  You may need to obtain another key off of Microsoft Connect and re-install Windows Home Server.
    Friday, April 6, 2007 2:47 AM
  • Thanks for the answers.  I did change the date after first installing because it was out by a day.  I dont really want to reinstall the OS, any other options to reset the timer?

Andrew
    Friday, April 6, 2007 3:43 AM
  • sorry to bump this, but as mentioned, I dont want to reinstall my OS, just to reset the bug in the evaluation expiry check.  Anyone got an hints, orthodox or otherwise that would get me around this issue?

Thanks

Andrew
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 12:11 PM
  • Unfortunately, there's no way I'm aware of to reset the expiration date.
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 1:03 PM