Failure in setting up a cluster network in HPC 2008 R2 Cluster Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

In the node management page of HPC 2008 R2 Cluster Manager, I am trying to bringing a node to use by selecting 'assign node template'. After running 'Provisioning' for a while, the process stopped with 'Node Health' reported as error and problem of 'HPC Node Manager Service unreachable' is reported in 'Noce Connectivity' within the Node Health page.

Could you tell me how this problem can be solved?

Thanks.

Regards, Simon

Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:39 PM

All replies

• I run Ping test in Diagnostic screen of HPC manager and result shows that 

Failure

• The scheduler task report this error message : Job failed to start on some nodes or some nodes became unreachable.

for the remote node. 

However, I am able to ping that remote node using command prompt.

Appreciate your idea on that.

Thanks.

Regards, Simon

Friday, July 29, 2016 2:56 AM
  • Hi Simon,

You may check the Operations in the Node Management on the HPC Cluster Manager console, and see if there is any error in the 'assign node template' operation performed. It is also ok to re-assgin the node template to the node and see if the retry can succeed.

Other things to check may include: if the compute node was installed successfully? (how did you deploy this compute node, bare-metal deploy or setup with OS pre-installed?) if the node template has correct or empty content? if the compute node has a good network connectivity with the head node?

Regards,

Yutong Sun

Friday, July 29, 2016 9:19 AM