CRM 2011 Plugin Registration Tool Connection Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed a custom workflow and now when I am registering it with Plugin Registration Tool in the SDK I am receiving the following error while connecting Organization.svc

Unhandled Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.OrganizationServiceProxy.EnableProxyTypes()'.
       at PluginRegistrationTool.CrmOrganization.InitializeOrganizationService()
       at PluginRegistrationTool.CrmOrganization.get_OrganizationService()
       at PluginRegistrationTool.OrganizationHelper.LoadMessages(CrmOrganization org, ProgressIndicator prog)
       at PluginRegistrationTool.MainForm.LoadMessages(CrmOrganization org)
       at PluginRegistrationTool.ConnectionsForm.OpenConnection(CrmOrganization org)

I can access the Organization.svc without any issue.

Naveed Saqib

Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:26 PM

Answers

• Thanks to everyone for helping me out. I tried all the suggestions posted earlier but they were not working for me.

I got a clue when I was running the PluginRegsitration.exe from anywhere in my VM it gave me the same error which led me to believe that it is not using 'Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.dll' which is referenced in the project (which btw I did verify for the method EnableProxyTypes).

So I went on to check the version for the referenced assembly and the one in <CRM_INSTALL_DIR> and the difference was found.

Later when I tried to update with Rollup 3/2/1 each said that CRM Server is not installed. Searching on the version installed revealed that it is Beta version.

So I uninstalled it and installed the latest available download which solved the issue.

Thanks

Naveed Saqib

• Marked as answer by Naveed Saqib Monday, September 12, 2011 4:47 AM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 4:47 AM

All replies

• Sounds like a missing library reference.  Did you build the Plugin Registration Tool project first, and did it compile properly?
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 9:06 PM
  • This error comes up for me in Visual Studio sometimes, particularly when running tests. Try changing the Build Configuration from "Release" to "Debug", or vice-versa. Try doing a Rebuild instead of just a Build.
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:04 PM
  • Also try getting the latest SDK if you haven't already.
    Blake Scarlavai - http://mscrmdev.blogspot.com/ - Sonoma Partners - http://www.sonomapartners.com/
    Friday, September 9, 2011 3:25 AM
  • Hi Naveed,

I guess you are using strongly type classes in your custom workflow activity, if so, you can get around with this problem by decorating your strongly typed class by this [assembly: Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ProxyTypesAssemblyAttribute()], you can also include this in your assembly info file.

Thanks Vaibhav
    Friday, September 9, 2011 4:11 PM
  • Thanks to everyone for helping me out. I tried all the suggestions posted earlier but they were not working for me.

I got a clue when I was running the PluginRegsitration.exe from anywhere in my VM it gave me the same error which led me to believe that it is not using 'Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.dll' which is referenced in the project (which btw I did verify for the method EnableProxyTypes).

So I went on to check the version for the referenced assembly and the one in <CRM_INSTALL_DIR> and the difference was found.

Later when I tried to update with Rollup 3/2/1 each said that CRM Server is not installed. Searching on the version installed revealed that it is Beta version.

So I uninstalled it and installed the latest available download which solved the issue.

Thanks

Naveed Saqib

• Marked as answer by Naveed Saqib Monday, September 12, 2011 4:47 AM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 4:47 AM