Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian RRS feed

• General discussion

• There's no Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian support on Bing Translator. I know it's a statement and not a question but I'm really wondering how a language (group) of 22 million people is not supported.

Instead of a rant, I have a constructive suggestion. Is there a way for the native speakers and programmers to help with the development for these languages? It's a shame that these languages are not supported, makes it unusable for many of us.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Marko,

we'll announce on our blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/translation when Serbian, Croatian, or Bosnian (or any other new language) becomes available.

Best regards,
       Christian Federmann
       Microsoft Translator Team

Microsoft Translator team - www.microsoft.com/Translator

Monday, November 3, 2014 10:44 PM
  • To add to Christian's comment, the Translator Hub (www.microsoft.com/Translator/translator-hub.aspx) allows you to create your own language models. Hmong, Welsh and Klingon for instance were created by third parties using the hub.

In addition, if you have access to parallel data (English-Croatian human translated content, same for the others) we are always interested to have it to add this to our models for when we start working on them (or are trying to improve their quality when already released).

Olivier

Microsoft Translator team - www.microsoft.com/Translator

Monday, November 10, 2014 10:43 PM