0x80070AD / Downloads Dropped / Vista RC1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Over at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=CF76FCBA-07AF-47AC-8822-4AD346210670&displaylang=en, I was in the midst of downloading part four of March CTP of VS Orcas (I know I should ask about this in MSDN Forums), and I have Vista dropped my downloads as to the wasted bandwidth to Comcast.

Vista refused to save it to my hard drive, even if I do have lots of free space... I have downloaded Free Download Manager but won't catch the .rar files when I clicked the download button (just a standard Windows button -- probably that's the reason Free Download Manager won't catch it since it can only monitor links clicked in IE 7). This happens when the download is complete. I have no trouble downloading the 1.5GB Windows SDK for Vista/.net Framework 3.0.

I've been frustrated for so many times and my time has been wasted. Since I have a broadband cable modem, it takes like 20 minutes to download part four but sometimes 2 unnacceptably hours to get it completed for download part four and still refused to copy to where I wanted it EVEN after I reclaim free space. I know I should get a final version of Vista but my money is tight on a $600/month income although I'm in college...

Where can I go to get it resolved? Thanks.

Sunday, April 1, 2007 10:25 PM