Number of times one can reschedule Microsoft certification. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am taking a Microsoft certification. I graduated year ago and want to take a certification.Earlier I had decided that November would be a good time and scheduled a date. But i got busy at work and couldnt really prepare and rescheduled the date to January.I have been preparing but I am not that  confident now and was wondering can I reschedule it again. I know rescheduling twice....not good and all..but work is consuming my time. So my question is how many times can i reschedule an exam.Thanks..
    Monday, December 24, 2012 9:54 PM

Answers

• Hi FunnyRookie,

Welcome to the forum. As Mr. Wharty said, you'd have to check with Prometric for an official response to your question. However, I just have a small suggestion to share with you.

Since exam failures do not appear on your official MCP transcript that is shared with employers, why don't you just go ahead, prepare as best you can, and take the exam in January as previously planned? If you pass, you'd never have to that exam again, and if you fail, then you'd have had practice on a real exam for less than the cost of a Transcender.

Many of us (including me) have the following problem. We don't ever feel ready for an exam, so we keep putting it off until some time in the future we'll have all the time to fully prepare and we'll be fully confident of acing it. Of course, that time never comes, and so that exam is never taken. It has happened to me!

Therefore, my suggestion to you is to just go take the exam, and see how it goes. If you pass, then fine. And if you fail, then you'd have gained a better understanding of the real exam, and you'd be better prepared when you take it again. The worst would be behind you, and you'd see that it wasn't so bad after all.

So go take that exam. If you have any questions, or need any help, the kind folks on this forum (Mr. Wharty and his gang) will be happy to help you in any way they can. Welcome to the world of Microsoft certification, and good luck on your exam!

James

• Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, January 2, 2013 11:56 PM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:04 PM

All replies

• I don't recall seeing any limitation on how many times you can reschedule an exam however you should contact Prometric to see what their official response is.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Proposed as answer by James JT Taylor Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:06 PM
    Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:44 AM
  • Hi FunnyRookie,

Welcome to the forum. As Mr. Wharty said, you'd have to check with Prometric for an official response to your question. However, I just have a small suggestion to share with you.

Since exam failures do not appear on your official MCP transcript that is shared with employers, why don't you just go ahead, prepare as best you can, and take the exam in January as previously planned? If you pass, you'd never have to that exam again, and if you fail, then you'd have had practice on a real exam for less than the cost of a Transcender.

Many of us (including me) have the following problem. We don't ever feel ready for an exam, so we keep putting it off until some time in the future we'll have all the time to fully prepare and we'll be fully confident of acing it. Of course, that time never comes, and so that exam is never taken. It has happened to me!

Therefore, my suggestion to you is to just go take the exam, and see how it goes. If you pass, then fine. And if you fail, then you'd have gained a better understanding of the real exam, and you'd be better prepared when you take it again. The worst would be behind you, and you'd see that it wasn't so bad after all.

So go take that exam. If you have any questions, or need any help, the kind folks on this forum (Mr. Wharty and his gang) will be happy to help you in any way they can. Welcome to the world of Microsoft certification, and good luck on your exam!

James

• Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, January 2, 2013 11:56 PM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:04 PM