Exporting reports RRS feed

• Question

• Not exporting the data -- exporting the report.

How do I move a report from Development to Production?

Thursday, December 11, 2008 7:51 PM

Answers

• On the Development Server: 

Select the custom report. -> and click Edit Report -> from the Actions menu click DownLoad report. Copy the downloaded .rdl file to your production server.

On the Production Server:

In the reports section -> Click New -> From the dropdown select Existing File -> Browse to the location of the .rdl file and save file.

regards,
    Hassan.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:32 PM

All replies

• On the Development Server: 

Select the custom report. -> and click Edit Report -> from the Actions menu click DownLoad report. Copy the downloaded .rdl file to your production server.

On the Production Server:

In the reports section -> Click New -> From the dropdown select Existing File -> Browse to the location of the .rdl file and save file.

regards,
    Hassan.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:32 PM
  • be sure to check that your datasource is pulling from production and not development.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:51 PM
  •  

I downloaded the report from my production environment and I did exactly what was posted and I am getting an error message when trying to add the file into my development environment. 

ERROR MESSAGE RECEIVED:

An error occured while trying to add the report to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.  Try this action again.  If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization administrator.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Debbie

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:52 PM
  • Hi Debbie,

Open the report in Visual Studio and check your datasource.  Ensure the datasource is pointing to the production server with a direct connection to SQL.  Let me know if you need exact steps to check the datasource and I can provide more details.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:17 PM