none
wat certification i need to take? MCPD Certification in ASP.net 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

Myself Arkyadeep Bharadwaj.Currently i have done the MCPD in Asp.net 3.5 Web Developer.But  currently i am working at Asp.net 4.0,and i want to do the certification in asp.net 4.0.i want to know what is the process.tell me briefly.I want to do the certification in WCF or Silverlight.if i will do this then i have to go to the MCTS Flow in asp.net 4.0.but i saw that upgrade to mcpd 3.5 to mcpd 4.0 is avalaible but i want to do the certification in wcf and silverlight.but i think in 4.0 there is no way to do the certification in upgrade process.if i do the certification in wcf or silvelight then i have to go through the MCTS 4.0 (Silverlight or WCF).is there any option to do the Certification in upgrade process.

plz tell me the best book for silverlight?
    Friday, May 20, 2011 4:07 AM

Answers

• If you have the MCPD in ASP.NET 3.5 and you want the MCPD in ASP.NET 4.0, you can take the upgrade exam 70-523. This exam will give you the "MCPD:Wbe developer 4", and also the three MCTS that are prerequisites for this certification, including the "MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications", which happens to be the WCF certification that you sought.

However, if you want a Silverlight certification, you will need to take a separate exam (70-506: "TS: Silverlight 4, Development").

Friday, May 20, 2011 6:05 AM