CRM 2013 - "+ New" button from the lookup pop-up an error by clicking on it RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When i try to create a contact record from a lookup by clicking on the button "+ New", i get a JSCRIPT pop-up error "impossible to get the property getAttribute from a null or undefined reference".

There's no script called on the form and when i try to debug it, i get this error :

Error

The object "$_V2" is null.

For me, i think it's an MS Bug. I tried to search something on the web but i got nothing -)

If someone have an idea about this problem.

Regards,

Jean-Michel

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

After analysing with more details in debug mode, i can see that the lookup attribute is contained in a div named "new_attributename_i'. After the value retrieved, a replace of the "_" like that .replace("_", "") is done but the technical name of the lookup field contain prefix like "new_attributename". So, the name of the field is not correct after the replace and become "newattributename" ! This is a MS bug. A ticket have been opened. Thanks

Regards,

Jean-Michel

Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:36 PM
  • Try installing the latest update, if you have not already. Some JScript errors were fixed in it.

Also, if you use, IE11, it's not officially supported yet.

• Proposed as answer by Nico-TMVP Wednesday, April 16, 2014 2:24 AM
    Friday, March 21, 2014 2:59 AM